Saturday, March 9, 2013

Makeover Hash Brown Soup

I took this from Taste of Home Light Slow Cooker magazine. I am in love with this magazine. We got it when we started on Weight Watchers in January but it is amazing. I wish all of you could buy this magazine. I will probably be using a ton of these recipes. This recipe when I made it did not come out like the picture in the magazine though...The picture in the magazine looks more soup-y, whereas mine looks more potatoe-y

Makeover Hash Brown Soup Serving Size 3/4 cup and 5 wwpp

2 green onions, chopped
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
2 cups 2% milk
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked (We did not use turkey bacon when we used it.)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender.



In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, milk, soup, and onions. (Of course, I didn't read that the potatoes needed to be thawed so mine sat in the slower cooker for like 30 minutes after adding all the ingredients into the slow cooker)

Cook and cover on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. (I cooked it for 6 hours). Top each serving with 2 tablespoons bacon and 1 tablespoon cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment