Thursday, February 21, 2013

Salsa

I have like 3 different recipes to share with y'all but between work, working out, sleeping, and of course eating I have been a bad blogger. I had a cake tasting on Wednesday and weight watchers where I lost 1.5 pounds. That is not outstanding but it is pretty great because during that week was Valentine's. My fiancee and I went to San Antonio and had an amazing time....but not making amazing food choices. The main thing was that we walked EVERYWHERE! The parking is so weird so we walked a ways to get where we wanted. We walked to explore. We walked getting lost while we were exploring. We walked.

This morning I had an exam to take....boo....

Now enough about me, today I present you with a 0 point recipe.

Salsa 0 points

You will need:
4 tomatoes
2 jalapenos
1 small onion
several cloves of garlic
cilantro
salt
lime

 I started with 4 tomatoes and two jalapenos. If you do not like spicy salsa, use less jalapeno. If you like the kind where your mouth is on fire, then use more. Put the tomatoes and the jalapenos onto a cookie sheet. Put your tomatoes and jalapenos under the broiler.

Put them under the broiler they are a little black on one side and turn them. Leave them in the broiler until they look like this...
I did not put mine right underneath the broiler so mine took a few minutes on each side. So while they were in the broiler I sliced a whole small onion and prepared several cloves of garlic.
Put the onions and the garlic on the cookie sheet and slide them into the oven. Every couple of minutes stir the onions and garlic around. You really want to broil them until the cloves of garlic are soft.
I cut the core out of the tomatoes and the tops off the jalapenos BUT I did not take out the seeds. If you do not want to make it spicy, take out the seed.

I took the tomatoes first and put them into the blender, pulsing. Add the cilantro in with the tomatoes. Then add the jalapenos.
If your bender is small, dump out most of the tomato and jalapeno mixture and pulse the onions and garlic.
Dump the remaining mixture into the bowl and stir.
Squeeze the juice out of half of a lime and salt to taste.
Yummy.

Have fun trying this and make it your own. Have a good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment