Saturday, February 9, 2013

Turkey Sloppy Joes

My first recipe!!! Whoo! This is not just for people who are on weight watchers but for people who want to eat healthier in general. Now that I have that out of the way, let's talk food. I LOVE blogs with TONS of pictures because I want to know that what I am doing is right so that is what y'all are getting. First thing that is on the menu....

Turkey Sloppy Joes thanks to Taste of Home Light Slow Cooker

Makes 8 servings; ww pp value for 1 sandwich is 6

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 small onion
1/2 cup chopped celery (there will be no celery in my pictures because I don't like celery)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard (plain yellow mustard will do)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 hamburger buns, split (if you want less points you can use wheat buns)

In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery, and green pepper.

Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.

Stir soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper in crock pot.




Add in the meat and vegetable mixture into a crock pot that is at least 3 qt. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns.

I am sorry, I do not have the end product on a bun. Let me tell you though, it is delicious and you will not even notice that it is turkey meat in the sloppy joes. I had people who hate eating healthy enjoying these.
I hope you enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment