Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate chip Walnut Apple Oatmeal Cookies

I have made these last week and I cannot stop eating them. I took this recipe off of pinterest but I cannot remember whose blog it is from. Sorry.

If you are interested in any of my recipes, want to try, try and love or try and hate please let me know. Comment on here or on facebook. I always want to know what your thoughts are.

My one complaint about this recipe is that the cookies are WAY too small. You drop a tablespoon onto the cookie sheet and that is what you get out of the oven. They do not expand at all. Next time I bake these, and their will be a next time, I will put 2 tablespoons and make 8 cookies and take the 2 or 3 points per cookie.

These are great if you have kids and they love cookies because this is a healthier way to present a cookie, they are darn tasty, and you can have them for breakfast. This is how I eat them most of the time BUT I eat them 4 at a time.

These cookies are totally customizable. The base recipe is 1 cup quick oats and 2 ripe bananas. (These would be great even with over ripe bananas, those that are getting a bit too bruised for your taste.) You can add what ever you want to them. (Of course the points will change on what you add and do not add) Chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, I use my favorite oatmeal that is in packets that I eat almost every morning. So on with my recipe.

Chocolate chip Walnut Apple Oatmeal Cookies Yields 16. 1 wwpp each

What you will need:
2 packets of Quaker Oatmeal, Apples and Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Walnuts
2 medium ripe bananas
2 Tbsp Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Dump the packets of oatmeal in a bowl with the two bananas.
Smash the oatmeal and bananas together without your extra stuff in there.
 Then add in your chocolate chips and walnuts and stir.
Grease your cookie sheet. On the blog I took this idea from it said, that you will regret not greasing the cookie sheet.
Drop Tbsp full of the cookie dough on the cookie sheet.





Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
Take them off your cookie sheet onto the cookie cooling rack.
These are really wonderful. I love eating them, my fiancee loves eating them and there is not a boxed mix going into them. Again, I would be dropping 2 tbsp for each cookie next time so that they would not be so small but they are really great.

Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment