Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Nachos

My lunch today was great. The weight watchers points for this meal equaled 15. And I know you are saying, "Wow Wendy, that is a lot of points." I will explain.

Chicken Nachos 1 serving 15 ww pp.

About 7 tortilla chips
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small(ish) pieces
I used 1/2 a can of rotel but I love things spicy so if you do not, you can use less. I would not suggest      using more though
Kidney beans canned (now here is where all the addition points came from) I used a cup but you can surely use less and that will effect the points of the whole dish.
Taco seasoning
1/3 cup fiesta blend cheese
 If you want to use vegetables in addition, be my guest. I was in a rush today

Spray a skillet with non stick spray and add the chicken pieces in and set the skillet on medium heat. While the chicken is cooking, strain the beans and rotel so that they do not have liquid in them from the can. It will be easier to strain them now than later.

When the chicken has only a little pink showing, add in the rotel and the beans.




Add taco seasoning to the mixture and continue to cook it until the beans are warm and the chicken is cooked all the way. While you are doing this set out your tortilla chips.


When the chicken has no pink it in and the beans and rotel are nice and warm pile them on top of your chips. Add your cheese and you are done. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Yum! How many points are you supposed to have per day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am allowed 34 but it is different for everyone

      Delete